We are committed to fostering good relationships with the communities in which we work and building community partnerships that deliver mutual benefit. In recent years, the firm's community initiatives have included:
The Inspiring People Awards 2011 - 2013
These awards were run in partnership with the St Albans & Harpenden Review newspaper. They aimed to give recognition to individuals who through their encouragement, support and mentoring have inspired young people within the St Albans district. Nominees could be teachers, heads, scout leaders, church leaders, youth group leaders, sports coaches, the list is endless.
The winners were chosen by a panel of judges and each winner receives a crystal trophy. Their profile and a photograph were published in the St Albans & Harpenden Review, and winners attended an awards reception in March 2013 which was attended by the Mayor of St Albans.
We are an avid supporter of Grove House day hospice. The firm continually supports their ‘Wills Appeal’ through the preparation of Wills on a Pro Bono basis. Our employees take part in the many fundraising initiatives organised by the charity and a donation is given at Christmas instead of sending Christmas cards.
Other community based initiatives include:
• Free advice provided at the Citizens Advice Bureau. One of the firm’s partners is Company Secretary and sits on the Trustee Board
• Sitting as Governors for schools and Trustees for local charities including Relate and a learning disability charity
• Participating in the St Albans Pancake Race
• Taking part in the ‘It’s a Knockout’ Challenge raising money for local charity Crohn’s and Colitis UK
• Running in local 10K races and cycle rides for charity
• Raising money through performances with the Herts Chorus and various orchestral concerts
• Running a summer work placement scheme for 6 local lower sixth pupils
• Participation at school and University Careers Fairs and a Young Enterprise scheme at a local secondary school
• Mentoring a team in the St Albans Dragons’ Apprentice
• Organising collections e.g. St Albans Women’s Refuge, RNLI
• Active members of Rotary
• Sponsoring OA Rugby and Kings Langley Cricket Club Juniors
• Sponsor of the St Albans Chamber of Commerce St George’s Day Lunch
• Sponsor of the New Business category in the St Albans District Chamber of Commerce Community Business Awards